Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Equivalent, Master’s Degree Preferred
• At least two nationally recognized certifications for senior network
administrators/engineers/architects (one of these certifications must be tied to
• IAT Level III in accordance with DoD
• CISSP or equivalent
• Experience with Cisco router and switch equipment
• Experience with firewalls and IDP/IPS devices
• Detailed understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP fundamentals, and networking
(LAN/WAN) design principles.
• Detailed understanding of IP protocols; these skills must include : TCP/IP based services
(i.e. DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, etc); IP addressing/subnetting and routing principles
(i.e. RP. OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, etc); IPv6/IPSec protocols (SSL, TLS, SSH); network (LAN/WAN)
• Detailed understanding of Layer 2 protocols
• Knowledge of MS Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Perl, C++, and Java
• Ability to analyze requirements; plan and develop technical solutions and frameworks; develop test and implementation plans, analyze and evaluate networks
• Use of current and emergent network design principles and protocols
• Experience with network virtualization technologies and vendors
• Experience with multi-tenant network architectures
• Experience with specific designing and modernize a complex network to separate control
from data planes
• Familiarity with width variety network routing and switching equipment devices from
• Scripting languages such as Perl, Python, C#
SHR's goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today's emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow's IT challenges.
Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today's IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow's IT landscape.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.