Provide support for 24x7 mission help desk monitoring and troubleshooting deployed tactical systems. Interface with customers and respond to requests for information regarding mission status.
The selected candidate:
• Provides support for the dispatched system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
• Provides in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems.
• Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads OS software.
• Provides detailed analysis and feedback to management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
• Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices.
• Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
• Provides support for escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers.
• Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis.
• Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems.
• Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems.
Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
Fourteen (14) years engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Familiarity with installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting common GOTS and COTS software.
Basic understanding of Linux and Windows system administration
Fundamental understanding of computer networks and be able to identify, troubleshoot, and document network connectivity and performance issues.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
Self-starter and able to work with a shift team
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.