Job Title: Statistician III
Location: Crane, IN
Security Requirement: Confidential- Secret Preferred
SPR seeks professionals to provide total lifecycle programmatic and logistics support for the Electro-Optic Infrared (EOIR) projects managed by the Electro-Optic Technology Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division. The Statistician supports investigations and analyses to ensure continued operation and maintenance of a system with managed risk. Activities involve mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists the Government with the identification, review, assessment and resolution of deficiencies throughout an EO/IR system’s life cycle. Projects may be involved in Rapid Improvement Events (RIE), Continuous Improvement Event events and Root Cause Analysis Events. Contingent on Contract Award.
Major Job Activities:
- Advise, assist and prepare recommendations to the Project/Program Manager, including but not limited to, Business Case Analyses, Cost/Benefit tradeoff studies, Market Surveys, Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV) principles, Total ownership cost initiatives (such as ship manning reductions, workload simplification, elimination of redundancies, etc.)
- Assist the NSWCCD EOTD Continuous Improvement Core Team in Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) and Value Stream Mapping Analysis (VSA), by conducting pre-event planning and preparation, training participants, leading events, and compiling, analyzing and managing the resulting data. Implement Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints (including metrics and standards of approach).
- Perform assessments of the conduct and content of the logistics support analysis program with associated data and products for systems, subsystems, equipment and components to ensure conformance to MIL-HDBK-502 NOTE 1. Analyses are performed on the following: Design, Reliability, Maintainability, Human Engineering, Standardization, Safety, Packaging, Handling, Storage, Transportation, Cost and Time Factors as well as the Design Interface.
- Assess the utilization of the LMI database as the sole source of all logistics requirements determinations, logistics/design impact tradeoffs, and level of repair and maintenance plan analysis input data; develops required documentation and supporting materials.
- Support investigations and analyses to ensure continued operation and maintenance of a system with managed risk. Assist with the identification, review, assessment and resolution of deficiencies throughout EO/IR system’s life cycle.
- Identify opportunities for performance and capability enhancements using reliability data, obsolescence, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS), including measurement, identification and verification of system technical and supportability deficiencies, associated root cause analyses, evaluation of the potential for deficiency correction and the development of a range of corrective action options.
- Perform business case analysis and/or life cycle economic analysis to determine the relative costs and risks associated with the implementation of various corrective action options
Skills: Knowledge of Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV) principles; Risk mitigation and monitoring through metrics. Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-502 NOTE 1.
Experience: 9+ years of experience in demand forecasting, risk management, and developing models and simulations; Data Mining and Trend Analysis; risk assessments; expertise with AMSAA Reliability Growth Assessment Process or similar reliability models; Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (math, operations research, statistics) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
SPR was formed to preserve an inclusive family of professionals who embody the ideas of Excellence in Performance and Mission Accomplishment. Headquartered in Bellevue, NE with over 80 employees operating in NE, CO, MO, and the National Capital Region, SPR is the Premier Provider of Technical and Professional Solutions for government services in Program Management, Engineering and Acquisition Life-Cycle Support. SPR has successfully provided these services to the DoD, USSTRATCOM and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) since 2010.