SUMMARY: Full range of Information Technology services are to be acquired to convert, maintain and sustain Air University’s (AU) resident and distance learning educational Student Information Systems (SIS).
WORK LOCATION: Maxwell AFB, Alabama
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide application integration and maintenance services supporting end-to-end activities for existing application software and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) integration (e.g. Blackboard, Canvas).
• Write code using HQ AU’s approved languages, tools or utilities and evaluate code for reuse.
• Maintain existing software applications developed in various programming languages and/or software development technologies.
• Set user access controls to provide rights and privileges for specific applications.
• Extend the enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using AU selected SOA tool sets and methods.
• Modify existing program layouts, interrelationships, sequences and internal logic to produce new SOA services.
• Ensure all software codes, associated coding style and embedded code comments are in accordance with IEEE Std 12207-2008.
• Reverse engineer complex systems and specialized application software to identify business rules and logic and transfer into clear and concise artifacts.
• Troubleshoot application design, logic and source code; test and debug (deliver software patches and/or fixes); resolve complex design and implementation problems; design advanced testing processes to isolate and identify potential failures and discrepancies; synthesize information collected and develop plan of action.
• Upon Government request, produce the following:
o Testing documentation (e.g. Test Description and Test Report documents)
o Data management/governance documentation (to include SQL script, stored procedures and functions, and database triggers)
o Program notes analyses
o Coordination efforts (software documentation: program notes, records of analyses, research, coordination efforts and all white papers).
• Prepare software requirements and design specifications based on customer requirements (i.e., data structures, internal data/process flow, end-user reports, web screen layouts (at a minimum the following are required – Requirements Doc, Design Doc, User Manual and Maintenance Manual)).
• Extend the enterprise SOA using AU selected SOA tool sets and methods (e.g., Oracle SOA suite).
• Modify existing program layouts, interrelationships, sequences, and internal logic to produce new SOA services. Design, develop, and document system-specific test scenarios to test complex software from a variety of technical perspectives using simulation data to test capacity and other aspects.
• Design, develop and document system-specific test-scenarios to test complex software from a variety of technical perspectives using simulation data to test capacity and other program aspects (perform test for software release and provide documents such as Test Description and Test Report).
• Debug complex or unique programs and develop procedures for interrogating computer data and data file edits.
• Ensure software changes or new code for functional and technical requirements are properly tested and documented.
o Such as the following documents: Design doc, User Manual, Requirement doc and Maintenance Manual.
o Generate new system architecture diagrams based off of migrated system architecture.
o Software documents – including program notes, records of analyses, research, coordination efforts and all white papers.
o Perform testing for software release and provide the following documents: Test Description and Test Report.
• Validate compliance against design documents and system specifications to include security.
• Perform unit, integration, system, functional and regression testing to assist the customer with acceptance testing.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have at least five (5) years of experience in the following and/or newer versions or successors of those listed below:
o PL/SQL Scripts
o Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL)
o Extensible Markup Language (XML)
o Visual Basic, JSON, Hibernate, ASP/JSP
o Various JAVA framework
o Oracle WebLogic
• Must have an IAT lvl 2 certification.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must possess and maintain an Active Secret level clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee may be required to move ten pounds and could occasionally lift or move up to twenty-five pounds.
Disclaimer: The listed duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
ICE, Inc. is a Veteran friendly employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Equal Opportunity for VEVRAA Protected Veterans. ICE, Inc. will not discriminate against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss or disclose compensation information.