Experienced hands-on knowledge with the following:
* SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014
* Performing Patching
* STIGing and hardening SQL databases
* Performing Backups, restores, and reviewing logs for a SQL environment
* SQL and Windows Clustering and Replication
* Over 5+ years of hands-on SQL Server database support, development and administration responsibilities.
This position will be responsible for Microsoft SQL Server database management and administration, to include monitoring, managing, maintenance, performance tuning as well as supporting newly identified projects through involvement during the system inception and design phases.
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014
* Experience and understanding of SQL Server clustering, Availability Group, partitioning and mirroring
* Implement data security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication, TDE and auditing)
* Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and/or internal development staff and executing SQL Queries, stored procedures and other database object using T-SQL.
* Perform application upgrades as delivered by third party vendors and/or internal development staff.
* Manage and test backup and recovery plans, ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
* Develop, implement and maintain in-house documentation for processes, including database feature such for common problem resolution and help ticket fixes.
* Provide database monitoring, space management, and support.
* Respond to database related alerts and production problem issues.
* Demonstrated troubleshooting and performance tuning of Microsoft SQL Server
* Some knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
* Manage Application and User Accounts logins and security.
* Fulfill requests and resolve incidents within predefined SLAs
* Effective communication skills both verbal and written
* Work effectively as part of a team and independently.
SHR's goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today's emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow's IT challenges. Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today's IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow's IT landscape. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.