Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Client: Joint Services Provider (JSP) / Department of Defense
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in IT field
Certifications: COMPTIA Security +
Experience: Requires a minimum of 7 years' experience in system engineering and a minimum of 5
years in a Systems Engineer role or related position. Requires knowledge of the principles,
methods, and techniques used in all phases of the engineering, application, and
development of multiple operating systems. In addition, knowledge of or certification in
specific applications or processes may be required, depending on job assignment
* Provide expert advice and counsel to assigned functional/user area managers and project teams for complex systems, often crossing functional lines.
* Designs major computer systems.
* Coordinates work on subsystems.
* Oversees the integration of new applications with established systems and files.
* Confers with assigned systems users and evaluates utilization to identify requirements modifications which will facilitate integration, increase efficiency and/or reduce costs; investigates new procedures, equipment and operating systems to determine their usefulness and applicability to operations.
* Assists systems management in developing systems analysis standards and provides consultative direction to applications programmers, systems software engineers, computer center operations and user personnel in the planning and scheduling of systems projects which cross functional lines.
SHR's goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today's emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow's IT challenges. Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today's IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow's IT landscape. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.