SUMMARY: We are looking for a Deputy Program Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or related field, Master’s degree is preferred. Experience (6 years) leading projects and programs of a similar nature for NASA, DOD and / or other Federal Agencies.
Management experience must be in programs with particular relevance to the acquisition career field. Experience in developing and implementing complex contract program initiatives.
CLEARANCES, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Active Secret Clearance
CONDITIONS: The new hire or transferee will observe a three (3) month introductory period. With a satisfactory criteria based performance evaluation, the employee will advance to a regular employee status. If the evaluation is not satisfactory or during the introductory period or the employee does not meet expectations, the employee may be terminated.
• Responsible for the overall management and successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities;
• Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems;
• Manage customer expectations and maintain constant contact with the customer base at several levels to solicit feedback, resolve issues, and ultimately achieve customer satisfaction through proactive communications and understanding the client needs;
• Experienced in financial aspects of contract management to include invoicing/ODC’s management/ expense management/ rate negotiations and other duties associated with account management;
• Ability to build new business, tracks, follows and leads opportunity pursuits in targeted agency;
• Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances;
• Ability to lead of team of personnel, including subordinate managers, personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the management subcontractor's scope/cost issues, change control processes and implement effective operating budgets;
• Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Management experience supporting NASA;
• Effective communication skills capable of building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
• A team player, with the ability to work autonomously and display initiative when required;
• Computer literacy, sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and database systems, particularly word and excel;
• Strong administration, planning, prioritization and organizational skills;
• Good attention to detail;
• Ability to analyze data and create reports for management.