Senior System Administrator (Linux)
Y-Tech knows that professional quality people are our greatest asset. Therefore, we’re in the business of people, not just technology.
Y-Tech has an immediate need for a Senior System Administrator to work on-site in Suitland, Maryland. The successful candidate will possess the following requirements and certifications:
Required: BA/BS degree in IT related field
• Active TS SCI REQUIRED
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as Linux System Administrator.
• Experience and deep understanding of installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting current and legacy Linux OS, servers, and desktops (RPM-based), in enterprise environments.
• Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals, management and best practices.
• Security concepts including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications.
• Experience with VMWare setup, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting.
• Enterprise Storage Systems, Fiber Channel Switching, NAS and NFS/CIFS, and Data Replication technologies.
• Understanding of basic and advanced networking concepts and protocols (IP addressing/subnet masks, DHCP, DNS, NTP, etc.) and network diagnostic tools (protocol analysis with tcpdump/Wireshark).
• Knowledge of Transport mechanisms including FTP, SSH/SCP, HTTP, SSL.
• Experience & proficiency installing, configuring, and maintaining FLEXnet Manager SW to manage multiple FLEXnet licenses.
• Ability to evaluate, test and deploy infrastructure hardware and software.
• Ability to provide technical support to clients and business units.
• Ability to provide installation, maintenance, and extensive troubleshooting of software systems.
• Ability to install and configure Operating Systems Software.
• Ability to install and configure Cluster Services to support highly available Databases.
• Ability to install and configure Automation and monitoring tools.
• Ability to interface extensively with Technology Services Teams, Application Teams and Business Units.
Y-Tech is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.