The Oracle DBA will be responsible for maintaining operational databases as well as perform reviews of existing databases to improve overall performance and maintainability. Tasks include:
(1) Conducts performance tuning of indexes, optimization of storage functionality, and databases.
(2) Reviews database design and integration of systems with the objective of enhancing backup & recovery and improving the end-user experience.
(3) Implements and maintains security and integrity controls that secure the data in support of the customer's mission, with data available when and where requested.
(4) Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
This is a Senior Level position that requires a relevant MS Degree OR 15 years of Oracle DBA experience. In addition to be considered, qualified candidate must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance visible in JPASS and be able to pass DHS EOD suitability clearance.
Technical Environment: Oracle 11gR2and 12c Databases (MS SQL & MySQL RDBMS are also running), MicroStrategy, RAC features in Oracle, Oracle E-Business R12 Application, Oracle WebLogic, UNIX (Solaris & Linux), Dell/EMC VMAX 40K, VPLEX, Cisco MDS switches, Brocade switches, NetApp FAS V3240 or FAS3270s, FAS 8040s, Security - IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, Altiris / Symantec Management Platform 7. Federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc-). NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
(1) Relevant MS Degree + experience
(2) Alternative - 15 years relevant experience
(3) Oracle DBA with following skills
- Performance tuning of indexes
- Optimization of storage functionality
- Data migrations
- Cross-platform data migrations
- Database design & Integration
- Backup and recovery
- Data Security & Integrity
- RAC features in Oracle is a PLUS
- Oracle upgrades (e.g. 11gR2 to 12c) PLUS
This is a well-compensated position, great location and the opportunity to work with an exceptional team of Database Professionals. These positions play a critical behind the scenes role in protecting the traveling public in the United States. Are you interested in learning more? Contact Elite Technical for immediate consideration.