Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $1 billion privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world.
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
* CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor's Award in 2016.
* Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
* CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
* Provide day-to-day general support shop activities. * Assist with on-load and off-load of materials; assist and perform maintenance duties such as grinding, chipping, painting, etc; support other trades workers. * Perform other projects and/or tasks as assigned and/or needed. * Class-A CDL License
* Perform engine and drive system alignments. * Remove/reinstall engines and drive systems from small boats. * Troubleshoot engine problems and recommend appropriate actions. * Maintain/overhaul hydraulic systems. * Validate dimensions on drawings, determines appropriate materials, and best removal and installation route during a ship check. * Assemble components based on installation drawings, material provided, and ship check notes. * Use various hand tools, torque wrench, drill press, welding machine, air compressor, generator, chain hoist, sandblaster, paint gun, grinder, band saw, forklift and other equipment to fabricate/install. * Read and interpret engineering drawings and instructions. * Support electrical and mechanical disciplines. * Operate power tools. * Identify tools and materials per task and request materials as needed. * Assist in jobsite set-up, maintenance, restoration and securing. * Knowledgeable and trained in safe work practices. * Prepare and cleanup work area.
* Possess and maintain an active security clearance. * Possess and maintain valid driver's license and meet the company's policy on ability to drive company vehicles. * Perform first pass QA of mechanical installs to include but not confined to hoses, wiring harnesses, sensors, mounting bolts, fluids, torques, etc.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be a team-player. * Must have a high school diploma/GED * Must be familiar with common hand tools and special tools used in shipboard installation tasks. * Communication skills. * Ability to obtain a secret security clearance. * Class-A CDL License
* Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 50 lbs.
* Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels * WALKING AND CLIMBING. Ability to climb up to four (4) flights of stairs and climb ladders. * Ability to work in confined spaces.
* Must comply with Company's Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles