Peerless Technologies is seeking qualified software engineer candidate to analyze requirements, derive requirements, design new solutions, prepare requests of proposal documentation, and review technical solutions proposed. Candidate will also prepare software cost estimates for desired new or modified applications development. Candidate will also be expected to lead or participate in Agile software development, in particular DevOps. The Candidate will program and implement relatively complex programs using the Agile DevOps methodology and provide cohesive programming oversight for all project programs. Work will be performed at USSTRATCOM located in Bellevue NE (suburb of Omaha NE). The individual will work on engineering solutions for command and control software systems used for strategic decision making by our Nation's leaders. Duties include extensive programming that supports the command and control requirements strategic systems. Responsibilities include assisting the Government by providing engineering solutions for legacy systems replacement or modernization using Agile DevOps methodologies. Additional duties and responsibilities include: Using Agile DevOps techniques/methodologies, codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents complex programs. Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes. Develops requirements, ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery. Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing system requirements, knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic. Oversees project programming efforts to ensure interoperability and provides programming assistance to project programmers. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Assist task manager in preparing cost estimates for software development-prepares time estimates and justification for assigned tasks. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience,
with a strong record of success providing programming solutions in a technical environment to
moderately complex problems.
• Agile software development experience is required-able to lead Sprints or work within Agile DevOps team;
work with customers to incorporate feedback in sprints.
• Experience building software estimates from requirements and preparing software cost proposals
• Programming experience in an IT, communications or related technical field.
• Proven ability to collaborate with project teams and integration stakeholders to define requirements and
schedules for new features and other changes
• Knowledge of computer networking, protocols, scripting and compiled languages.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Products, and graphic programs.
• Good organization skills for gathering, analysis and providing status or other actions.
• Must be able to communicate and work well with various customers and team members.
• Self-motivated and able to organize/schedule workload of multiple concurrent assessment activities.