The Data Clerk position is at the Office of Naval Research (ONR), conveniently located on Fifth Street, close to the International District and Pioneer Square in Seattle, WA.
This is a great Administrative / Clerical role that supports grants and contracts administration by managing the flow of electronic and paper documents related to Science & Technology research funding.
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) spends approximately $900M each year to pay for research that develops advanced technologies for the U.S. Navy and U. S. Marine Corp.
- Receive and enter data into computer system/database and ensure accuracy of all data recorded.
- Sort and process incoming mail, and manage electronic and hard-copy file maintenance.
- Assist with contacting colleges and universities to obtain missing and required data.
- Provide general, administrative and clerical support.
- Keep accurate records to track hard-copy and electronic data and documents.
- Prepare and sorts contract documents, scan documents and upload into database/ computer system.
- Make phone calls and send email messages to resolve questions or obtain missing data.
- Enter and reconcile financial data online and confirm accuracy of data such as contract numbers, period of performance, etc.
- Contact colleges, universities, and non-profit agencies via email, postal mail, or telephone to request missing information and/or corrected data.
- Perform general administrative and clerical duties.
- Update and maintain efficient records including hard-copy and electronic files.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Detail oriented with accurate skills in data entry.
- Basic knowledge of records management procedures.
- Able to follow instructions furnished verbally or in writing, to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to reconcile data and correct invoicing errors.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn and operate proprietary software and database programs.
- U.S. Federal Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Trustworthy Status.
Accelerated Development & Support (ADS) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer