Provides on-site and limited duration field support for the deployment/installation of Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems and Windows based applications. Technician will also provide systems administration and technical support, for Windows based products at primary customer location in Suitland, MD and at customer locations world-wide.
• Install Windows operating system and applications and provide system administration and technical support.
• Troubleshoot installation and system problems, both on-site and off-site, by electronic means or through direct support.
• Coordinate hardware and software issues, ensuring correct and up-to-date software are provided to field sites.
• Document problems and significant engineering and maintenance efforts.
• Provide written feedback to system trainers to continually improve training curriculum and documentation.
• Support system requirements development and planning activities.
• Submit weekly activity report for system installation activities and customer support.
• Education or Experience: BS in IT or IT Management AND 4 years of direct in deployment, systems administration, and field support of systems and applications based on MS Windows platforms and equivalent virtual machines OR 7 years same.
• Certifications: MCSE or MCSA or MCTS, or equivalent(S). Must meet DoD Directive 8140 requirements prior to employment, anticipate CompTIA Security+ certification.