1) Serves as a senior analytical advisor on an intelligence analytical team of military and/or DoD civilian analysts in support of the analytical requirements.
2) Responsible for researching, developing and presenting intelligence products at the operational and strategic levels for senior leaders, to include counter-terrorism, Middle East regional issues, HUMINT and political/military analysis.
3) Use information gathered during the vetting process in concert with independently developed information to maintain incident tracking databases, link charts, and other specialized reports and graphic presentations within timelines established.
4) Independently identifying additional areas of concern in the open source threat assessments.
5) Answer e-mail inquiries from other offices regarding threat information. Responses should provide analysis and assessment, as necessary, and should be sent in a time frame commensurate with the urgency of the threat.
6) Prepare and present oral briefings on findings to management and other offices as appropriate.
1) Minimum of 7 years analytical experience with the Department of State, Department of Defense, or equivalent Government agency required. Middle Eastern Foreign Area Officer background qualifies for the Middle East regional specialist position.
2) Requires a Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred.
3) Strong background in the following analytical areas: Middle East regional analysis, Political analysis, Intelligence Collections, and HUMINT analysis.
4) A current/active Top Secret/SCI clearance!
5) Must be proficient in utilizing basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development.
6) Must possess strong briefing skills and be capable of effectively directing subordinate analysts in the accomplishment of intelligence products and assessments.