Please send resume to BKAPPER@SATTEL2.COM in word format should you be interested in the following Deskside Support Technician position. Deskside Support Techs (Tier 2 Support) supporting the DOE in both Schenectady, NY and Los Alamos, NM. Salary for this position is between 55-65K.
Candidates must have a DOE Q clearance to start work. If candidates do not have a DOE Q clearance, than an active DOD Top Secret is acceptable however the candidate must be aware they will need to acquire the DOE equivalent to start.
Deskside Support Technician
Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for computer support and customer service.
- Experience with an incident tracking/ticketing software system.
- Provide in-person support for federal and contractor staff.
- Candidate may be required to work after designated hours to resolve urgent issues.
- Provide on-site support for end-user hardware including laptops, monitors, peripherals and printers.
- Provide support for mobile devices including iOS and Android devices.
- Troubleshoot connectivity and networking issues.
- Familiarity with Windows OS imaging using Ghost/SCCM and other tools.
- Candidate will be responsible for on-boarding and new hire computer deployments.
- Provide Tier 2 application support for end-user systems, including Office 2010 and 2013, McAfee Antivirus, Windows OS, web browsers, Cisco AnyConnect, VPN, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, internal proprietary and managed applications.
- Maintain and track equipment stock for the office including laptops, monitors, desk phones and peripherals.
- Light Active Directory administration required (password resets, unlocking accounts, etc.).
- Provide support for executive meetings, board meetings and vendor events to include the use of WEBEX.
- Strong communication skills required – will communicate with all levels of customers, management and coworkers across the country.
- 2-6 years of technical support experience in a professional environment
- Highly effective communication skills
- Prior experience with supporting mobile devices
- Windows support experience
- Degree and Certifications preferred
- Candidate will be required to work independently and with minimal supervision. Candidate must be responsive, reliable and able to prioritize tasks efficiently.