* Education/Training (both required and desired): + Bachelors Degree in relevant engineering or science discipline required + Degree may be waiver eligible with 5 years experience in addition to below requirement
* Experience: + 2+ years of professional experience in the required task area + Completed Defense Information System Agency's (DISA's) HBSS 201 and 301 courses or a basic knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO); + Experience with McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP); + Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) configuration (management, testing, and troubleshooting). + In addition to the minimum capabilities listed above, additional capabilities that would be beneficial in performance of Network Defense Engineering task include, but are not limited to: + Experience with Information Assurance (IA), + Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), + Experience with ACAS, + Experience with Linux operating systems (OS), + Experience with One-way diodes
* Security: + Must be a US citizen + Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
Expertise and Functions
* Perform technical analysis for components and/or software, risk analyses and assessments of component supportability and design effectives in the context of derived requirements
* Perform analyses for one or more components to include design, fabrication, test, integration, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
* Perform component trade studies to include assessment of technical, schedule, and cost constraints; identify and quantify associated risks
* Perform functional analysis to translate component requirements into hardware and/or software specifications
* Use McAfee ePO to configure McAfee Virus Enterprise Scan (VSE), DLP, Host Intrusion Prevention (HIPS), Application and Change Control (ACC), Policy Auditor (PA), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Asset Configuration Compliance Module (ACCM), and LogRhythm alarm events.
* Use default McAfee queries and create custom queries to analyze events generated by HBSS components.
* Work with MCCR engineers and IA personnel to configure network systems to forward audit logs to the LogRhythm SIEM systems.
* Work in conjunction with IA personnel to create LogRhythm rules and alerts based on DoD access control regulations that trigger on any network security violations.
* Assist IA personnel with the investigation of network and computer security violations.
* Manage and maintain network security backend servers and other computer hardware.
* Other duties as assigned
KIHOMAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.