We have a full time employment job opportunity for a Secret cleared Network Wireless Engineers to support a stand alone WiFi network for a large federal agency located in NW Washington DC.
The Wireless Engineer will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification.
Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Associates degree, Vocational or Military training (Bachelor's highly preferred)
- Minimum of 6 years- experience in wireless design, deployment and troubleshooting / support.
- Knowledge of Cisco devices such as ISE, MSE, and Prime
- RF Background and Wireless Solutions Exp.
- FCC Exp.
- Wide Area Networks
- Large-Scale Network Exp. with MPLS and BGP
- Experience with building out network, Design/Documentation
- IP/Wireless Exp.
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards and industry
- Experience implementing high-density WiFi solutions.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, EAP-TLS, 802.1x, AAA) and hands-on experience with
RADIUS infrastructure (ClearPass, ISE).
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience deploying QoS in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools including Wireshark, Air Magnet, Ekahau Site Survey, Chanalyzer,
and Eye P.A.
Our client is a subsidiary of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, the company is proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where they operate. They offer their employees a rewarding career experience that includes; dynamic career opportunities, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development. The commitment is to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees.