PotomacWave Consulting is currently looking for a Mid Level Property Accountant with a current TS/SCI clearance to join our team in Washington , DC for our Federal Government Client! This position is metro accessible!
Property, Plant, and Equipment Financial Accounting and Reporting (PP&E). * Develop, implement and maintain business processes to timely and accurately record real and personal property capitalized assets including but not limited to Buildings, Improvements, Other Structures, Construction in Progress (CIP), Leasehold Improvements, Equipment, and Internal Use Software (IUS).
* Ensure all capitalized property reported is accurate and complete and meets Federal Generally Accepted Accounting Principles relevant to a Federal Agency and complies with laws and regulations.
* Perform PP&E monitoring of previously committed efforts. Monitor CIP and IUS-in-Development accounts to ensure on-going efforts are properly reflected on the financial statements in a timely manner.
* Monitor operational assets to ensure program terminations, impairments, and adjustments are properly reflected on the general ledger account balances.
* Perform reconciliations between requisitions reviewed, commitment data in the acquisition system and contract expenditures in the financial accounting system to validate proper accounting treatment.
* Perform quarterly additions/deletions/value adjustment entries as needed.
* Support government in addressing audit inquiries related to PP&E accounting and reporting processes.
* Assist with the compilation and review of financial statement footnotes in accordance with OMB A-136.
* Develop and update Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) documents for PP&E accounting and financial reporting processes.
* Attend the Facilities Review Board (FERB) meeting to provide accounting guidance on facilities related projects (i.e. expense vs. capital).
* Attend weekly status meetings with CFO leadership.
* Assist in developing a prescribed accounting policy, applicable to business processes. Attend property audit readiness meetings and process walkthroughs with stakeholders, Inspector General, and Independent Public Accountant.
* Bachelor or Master's degree * 4-8 years relevant and/or similar experience in Business or Accounting. * All candidates must possess a Top Secret (TS) clearance granted within the past five years; no breaks in service greater than 24 months, and the ability to be granted eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) by a U.S. Government Adjudication authority. In addition, a CI Polygraph is required.