Contract Job Title: Human Resource Specialist
Clearance: Active Top Secret
Location: Washington D.C.
Reports to: Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Fulltime, Regular
Summary: The Human Resource Specialist will provide mission support to the Defense
Intelligence Agency’s Permanent Change of Station (PCS) requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist employees/customers to complete their PCS checklists
• Process paperwork necessary to issue PCS orders
• Create PCS orders and track progress of completion
• Assist employees/customers in completing travel vouchers
• Assisting employees/customers with entitlements and overseas allowances
• Provide routine reports providing status’ and forecasts of PCS moves
• Conduct customer outreach for PCS employees/customers which will include: answering
questions, assessing PCS process, conducting informational briefs to customer audiences,
and the preparation of briefing materials
• Communicate with the Central Processing Center (CPC) to ensure members are properly
cleared and with the Defense Travel System representatives to ensure travel arrangements
• Provide administrative support for care tracking and provide monthly reports to
• Research, records, and reports statistical analysis for historical and planning purposes
• Other Duties as assigned to meet the needs of the customer/contract
• Associates Degree
• Minimum of two years of related experience in Human Resources and/or PCS experience
• Active Top Secret
• SHRM Certification (not required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
, • Able to communicate effectively both orally and writing in a logical, coherent manner as
well as interpret and apply administrative guidelines and regulations; to interact with
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while preforming the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with
frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
Ethics and Diversity:
• Treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with
integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates other on the value of
diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
An 8(a), HUBZone-certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Parra Consulting Group Inc. was founded in 2005 by Julio C. Parra. Parra Consulting Group, Inc. provides a variety of professional consultative and operational professional services for both the public and private sectors.
Our experience includes Lean Six Sigma Methodology as well as business process re-engineering methods and tools. In our development of measurement, tracking and reporting tools, we use state-of-the-art technology for the integration of information.
In our program assessment and business area streamlining, we use experienced business area facilitators and analysts to develop process data and business models to facilitate discussion, and gather consensus building with stakeholders at all levels of the organization making current systems work better and last longer.
In a competitive environment, an effective leadership is a necessity. At Parra Consulting Group, Inc. is about getting results the right way. Our leaders continually promote ethical behavior, continuous education, support diversity and make decisions that protect the health and safety of employees. Our leadership’s experience and relationships contribute greatly to the success of the company.