Nisga’a Data Systems, LLC (NDS), a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc. is an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation, provides a full spectrum of systems and network engineering services, which include systems and network analysis, design, and implementation, and also an array of managed services. NDS has distinguished itself as an industry leader in redefining technical solutions for the federal government and our nation’s military. We are currently looking for a Junior Project Manager.
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for planning, oversight, and day-to-day administration of multiple projects being performed by the company directly or by subcontractors. This will serve to ensure contract compliance, timely project completion, complete customer satisfaction, and excellent subcontractor/partner relationships.
1. Work with sales and business development to ensure proper subcontracts and/or teaming agreements are established with potential subcontractors and/or consultants on a project-by-project basis prior to selling a solution. Proper subcontracts identify all required work and expected levels of performance and specific results, flow down applicable prime contract requirements, and defer appropriate risks to subcontractors and/or consultants.
2. Develop detailed project plans for projects, whether performed directly or by subcontractors. Detailed project plans include tasks lists, required resources lists, time-lines, milestones, task interdependencies, risk assessments and mitigation plans, financial projections including cash-flow analysis and overall retained profitability, and reporting plans.
3. Manage day-to-day activities of projects to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction.
4. Provide management with project financial projections on a project-by-project on-going basis.
5. Effectively prevent and resolve problems that may arise, communicating any potential or actual problems to effected customers and to management immediately upon identification.
6. Secure customer acceptance of services performed or deliverables provided in order for the company to submit invoices and/or close out projects.
7. Perform all other routine aspects of project management and provide any additional support to sales and/or business development to assist the company in winning contracts and task orders with reasonable profit and minimal risk.
8. Secure outstanding customer references for all projects performed.
C. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES – (PROJECT SPECIFIC)
1. The Jr PM shall provide effective project management of all contract requirements/positions under its contractual purview. (Emphasis is placed on maintaining and delivering accurate cost reporting, ensuring accountability and quality performance results from the Contractor’s proposed personnel, and cultivating effective relations.)
2. The Jr PM shall engage customer organizations as may be required to address personnel performance, program related activities, requirements, concerns and other support issues. All such customer interaction shall be communicated to the CO/COR.
3. The Jr PM shall address position development and recurring training needs of personnel under its control in order to continue meeting the contract’s qualifications for each labor category and to meet the requirements of the contract SOW.
4. The Jr PM shall ensure all its personnel who are supporting the contract understands the scope and responsibilities of its positions as defined within the contract SOW and other requirements stipulated within the contract.
5. The Jr PM shall ensure all its personnel adhere to customer’s policies, instructions, and processes.
6. The Jr PM shall be responsible for effectively resolving personnel performance issues within 48 hours of being notified by the Government POC(s) or becoming aware of a situation.
7. The Jr PM shall deliver all deliverables and requested information accurately and in proper format.
8. The Jr PM will coordinate agenda topics for scheduled meetings with the customer no later than three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting.
9. The Jr PM shall coordinate with the customer on meeting minutes, and confirm and verify committed actions by both parties.
10. The Jr PM shall effectively manage all Subcontractor relations and support.
11. Local travel throughout the National Capital Region will be required.
12. Coordinate with HR Service Center to ensure that new hires are hired and on-boarded in a timely and efficient manner.
13. Work with HR Service Center on personnel issues to ensure that all applicable regulations and policies are followed.
1. MUST have a current Secret clearance
2. Prior experience with personnel supervision
3. Excellent communications skills – writing and oral
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
5. Strong applications skills (Excel, MS Project, Power Point, and similar applications)
6. Minimum of 1-4 years’ experience in managing staff on a federal staffing contract
7. B.S./B.A. or equivalent work experience
Goldbelt Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Shareholder Hire Preferences: As an Alaskan Native Claims Settlement Act Corporation, Goldbelt, Incorporated, (and its related entities where the corporation maintains 25 percent ownership interest), is allowed, under Federal law, to extend hiring and training preferences to its shareholders, shareholders' descendants and spouses, other ANCSA corporation shareholders, and/or Native Americans. Goldbelt's employment and training preferences are extended based on an individual's status as a shareholder of Goldbelt, Incorporated, enrollment as a tribal member or other evidence of affiliation with a Native community or tribe. These preferences reflect stock ownership or political affiliation with a Native community or tribe and are not a direct benefit of race or ethnicity.