ORACLE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
6 MONTH CONTRACT OR LONGER
YOU MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TS/SCI w/CI Poly
Leased Labor provider shall provide a database engineer to the ISF program that will assist in rehosting an Oracle database from the current environment to a C2S environment per contract scope.
The Database Engineer will be required to evaluate the existing database, stored procedures, and data retention to establish a comparable environment which will allow the database performance to be maintained or improved.
In addition, the Database Engineer will work with the software development team and systems engineering staff members to accommodate customer requirements for data transition between the legacy system and the C2S instance during the transition to operations.
Position may require the ability to provide on-call, after-hours/weekend support, when necessary depending on program needs. This position requires a current TS/SCI CI Poly
- Experience with the program domain and database being rehosted
- Minimum of 8 years of database development experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as an ORACLE: Database Administrator and/or Oracle Database Engineer
- Experience with DDL scripts to create, maintain, and upgrade database schemas
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL to perform complex queries, data manipulations and data migrations
- Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts; additional scripting experience such as Perl, Python, Ruby a plus
- Experience with database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restore, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and stored procedures, monitoring the Oracle alert logs and resolving database-related issues.
- Familiar with current database related vendor products and current research directions.
- Practiced in integration of COTS products in implementing successful customer-driven solutions.
- Experience with database development or rehosting in a C2S or cloud environment
- Experience with Oracle products such as Real Application Clusters, Data Guard, Application Server, Oracle Text, Label Security, Replication and Streams
- Working knowledge of J2EE architecture and an understanding of object oriented modeling languages.
- Experience in system accreditation using proxy users, virtual private database technology and label security.
- Familiar with technologies related to high volume data handling and ingestion and high data rate extraction with integrity checking and indexing
GeoLogics is a 23 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com