First, Second or Third Shift position - Depending on Business Needs
- Replenishes chemicals, solvents, compounds, process fluids as required including dispensing into secondary containers and chemical cleaning.
- Operates and checks malfunctioning machinery/equipment and makes routine in-process adjustments, minor repairs, and replacement of worn parts
- Works to specifications, instruction sheets, prints, and written/verbal, video, and computer instructions to fabricate/assemble/inspect product manually, semi-automatically or automatically.
- Performs routine operations on production assemblies, harness and cables, substrates, fixtures, templates and holding devices.
- Prepares molds, loads and unloads units, mixes compounds and performs necessary products samples verification, and reworks/repairs product as required.
- Prepares and applies potting, bonding and coating compounds, lubricants, spray coats or insulated tape to a variety of component and assemblies inclusive of all finishing processes.
- Sets up and winds coil, assembles, and processes various types of magnetic electrical components.
- Assembles checks, test and adjusts inertial/gyros/accelerometers/optical instruments.
- Maintains cleanliness/production supplies for work area station including equipment. Provides routine equipment and workstation maintenance including necessary logs.
- Advances or retrieves product, material and tools for self and others.
- Operates multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
- Uses prescribed equipment to perform stenciling marking coding and potting operations as required.
- Performs routine visual, automatic and dimensional inspections and continuity measurements on a variety of products.
- Performs necessary operations to fabricate fixtures/holding devices as required for harness/cable processes.
- Performs drilling, grinding, sandblasting, staking, riveting, eye-letting, countersinking and counterboring operations, and other related mechanical processes.
- Incorporates engineering change orders and maintains process documentation.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
High School Diploma.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Ability to solder, follow process sheets, experience with computers.
Required Education (including Major):
High School Diploma.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5I™ products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.