PURPOSE: The Information Assurance (IA) Professional is responsible for assisting with system configuration and remediation, executing IA process frameworks for assessment and authorization, and developing technical IA strategies for projects.
1. Designing, building, and prototyping systems that include:
a. Microsoft Windows environment to include operating systems and SQL
c. LAN/WAN infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
3. Applying STIGS, CIS Benchmarks, etc., to the environments
4. Performing SCAP scans and completing STIG checklists
5. Support Configuration Management (CM) roles and responsibilities, including testing of patches and updates prior to implementation, establishing checklists and testing procedures, developing test criteria, etc.
6. Apply system Operating System patches, Service Packs, Hotfixes, and software/ firmware updates
7. Perform system vulnerability scans including Nessus / ACAS, and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
8. Establish and support automated system software update methodologies and technologies
9. Identify industry accepted technical security standards and the policies that drive compliance requirements
10. Develop system architectures and component selection to include storage solutions, disaster recovery, backup, host based security, etc.
1. MS Visio
3. Wireshark or other protocol analyzers
4. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
5. Tenable Nessus
Active Top Secret (TS) required
Active TS/SCI preferred
25% to 50% (varies by project)
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
1. 3-5 years of Information Technology experience preferably focusing on IT security and Information Assurance for federal government or DoD systems. Heavy hands on experience with complex troubleshooting strongly desired.
2. Hands on knowledge of DoD information security requirements
3. Hands on experience configuring Windows client (7, 8, and 10) and Windows Server (2008R2 through 2016) operating systems; Microsoft SQL Server; and Cisco IOS devices
4. Hands on experience building VMWare vSphere environments
5. Strong Written, Presentation, and Oral communication skills.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality, and professionalism.
7. Self-starter and problem solver with strong ability to work independently in areas of core competence with minimal guidance.
8. Ability to work well in team environments of varying composition, personalities, roles, and responsibilities.
9. Proficiency in MS Office Suite and ability to master similar productivity tools
10. Willingness to share information, train and be trained, mentor and be mentored with executives, peers, and subordinates.
Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Engineering, Information Security, or related field
1. CompTIA Security+
2. MCSA / MCSE
3. VCA / VCP
4. CCNA / CCNP
5. DoDI 8570.01-m IAM Level II or higher baseline certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP).