Please send resume in word format to BKAPPER@SATTEL2.COM should you be interested in the following full-time, permanent position. Our client is looking for Systems Engineer (Active Directory Focused) with a salary between 100-112K. This position will be on-site in Germantown, MD. If you are not interested but know of someone that may be, please pass this along.
Candidates must have a Secret or Top Secret Clearance. All candidates must be receptive to a Drug test, Background investigation and DOE security processing.
The Active Directory Engineer provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. Implements new software solutions as required by the business. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, global system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Enterprise-level support for Active Directory and Windows File Services for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
• Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
• Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
• Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
• Serves as the first line of escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
• Provide training as required
B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, and computer related discipline or 5+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment
• knowledge of AD LDS
• Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
• knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s.
• knowledge of AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2016
• knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, in a Windows 2012and Windows 2016 landscape.
• Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) understanding and experience.
• Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
• Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
• Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
• Ability to create custom scripts using VBScript and PowerShell
• Working knowledge of XML