Summary: The role of the SQL Database Systems Administrator- Senior will be to maintain the SQL database for the Desktop Initiative Solution. The SQL Database Systems Administrator- Senior will be responsible for day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the SQL database. The SQL Database Systems Administrator- Senior will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment and standard weekly maintenance of the SQL DB. The SQL Database Systems Administrator- Senior will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, DTF engineers and Engineering in all things respective of the SQL Database. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position) .
• Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the SQL Server 2014 database
• Provide leadership, expertise and strategic guidance on critical data systems that span multiple systems and groups
• Serve as the escalation point for all database issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
• Work with the DTF, Engineer and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
• Monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server computers and associated jobs and processes.
• Monitor performance of SQL Server and database infrastructure (including storage) using various performance tools.
• Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
• Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
• Assist with SQL Server installation, database migrations, upgrades and updates, and hardware implementations.
• Deploy SQL Server stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
• Manage SQL Server permissions
• Research and resolve SQL Server issues as required
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8 years work experience or equivalent experience; Experience to include;
o Day-to-Day sustainment of a MS SQL environment
o System administration of Windows based solution
o O&S experience in the following disciplines:
o SQL Server (2014 experience preferred)
o Microsoft Server (2012 R2 experience preferred)
• 8570 compliant certified (Within 90 days of hire)
• MCSA: SQL Server (2012/2014 preferred, but 2008 accepted
• Technical documentation skills
• TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Poly required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• PowerShell Scripting
• VDI Environment
• Citrix Xen Desktop 7.x
• Basic Knowledge of Dell Networking Appliances
• Basic Knowledge of Cisco Security Appliances
• Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
• Active Directory
• MCSE: Data Platform or MCSE Business Intelligence