Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create/modify supporting drawings for electronic printed circuit designs using inputs from ECAD designers and engineers. Detail drawings using appropriate technical notes and geometric dimensioning/tolerances.
* Create AutoCAD fabrication drawings for printed circuit designs with inputs from electronic CAD designers and Design for Fabrication engineers.
* Create AutoCAD assembly drawings for printed circuit designs with inputs from electronic CAD designers and Manufacturing engineers.
* Execute drawing revisions as specified by engineering change requests.
* Perform drafting to accepted company and national standards.
* With minimal oversight identify design issues and bring any issues to Senior Technical Staff.
* Follow established work processes and instructions and adapt to new processes and work instructions quickly. Regularly provides feedback on the effectiveness of processes and work instructions to management.
* Effectively communicates project status and issues to management and members of the project team in oral or written form as requested for the project.
* Responsible for other assignments at the discretion of the supervisor.
* Associates degree or certificate from a two or four year technical school in Engineering Technology or related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and skills. Formal education in electronics or electrical circuit theory is a significant benefit. * Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks.Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD (2D) * Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and capture design details in a fast paced, dynamic environment. * Demonstrated understanding of basic functional and performance parameters of electrical components and how to properly identify and define those parameters by referencing component datasheets * Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail. * Up to 3 years of experience in the field of technical drafting with specific tools training/knowledge.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.