GCC Technologies, founded in 1997 with headquarters in Oakland, Maryland, is a fast growing service-disabled Veteran owned Small Business and HUBZone company with an outstanding record of performance providing more effective and efficient acquisition, business process, administrative and security services to multiple federal agencies. GCC was recently ISO certified under ISO 9001:2008.
GCC Technologies is looking for an on-call Accommodations Specialist to provide support in the absence of full-time Accommodations Specialist, to assist disabled Department of State clients by providing reasonable accommodations during their travel. ONLY candidates with an ACTIVE Top Secret clearance - and who currently have, or have obtained in the past, SCI access - will be considered.
• Gather, maintain and manage information from a variety of Microsoft suite tools (Access, SharePoint, etc.), proprietary systems or other sources for a variety of statistical and financial reports;
• Analyze methodologies for efficient and effective collection of data;
• Provide recommendations for solving problems and ways to create efficiency and streamline processes;
• Create, format and maintain documentation for presentations;
• Assist in gathering information for reporting and analyzing OCS’ communications with U.S. Citizens abroad, U.S. Embassies and Consulates, U.S. Congress and the traveling public;
• Utilize the Department of State guidelines to communicate information through various channels, to include oral presentations, email, SharePoint, web and webinars; and manage information flow through these same tools;
• Perform legal, policy and industry research;
• Summarize and organize public comments on proposed Federal regulations;
• Assist in drafting regulatory notices and explanatory publications;
• Assist in preparing regulations and other documents for publication;
• Prepare 7 FAM draft revisions using Department drafting and style templates;
• Strategize with management on best practices for OCS’ outreach efforts;
• Perform special projects to include public service initiatives, oversight of OCS web content to include travel.state.gov, Consular Affairs Intranet, CLASSNET, and program planning;
• Provide support in all aspects of Crisis Management including: responding to inquiries and requests for services; providing program statistics and reports; and delivery of presentations on Crises.
• Recommend practical solutions on financial issues;
• Coordinate with the Government Financial Manager on financial matters;
• Interpret financial data and reports;
• Assist with accurately tracking authorizations, transfers and disbursements of program-related funding;
• Assist with analyzing reports on financial data, including trends on program spending;
• Provide relationship management, data analysis, process design and full life cycle of project management to support office functions;
• Create and develop project management tools including project charters and project schedules
ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance Required, must have had SCI access prior
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of applicable experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
Superb, clear, courteous, and professional diction and speaking skills are a MUST
Experience working with individuals with disabilities highly desired, experience as a Special Assistant/Executive Assistant required
GCC Technologies LLC. is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.
GCC Technologies. also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. VETS encouraged to apply