CSRA has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution focused Business Area Leader level leader to join our team in leading our Presidential Community and Justice Programs business area. CSRA-s Presidential Community and Justice Programs business area currently serves the Presidential Community across DoD, Executive Office, and DHS agencies,as well as the Department of Justice.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Executive who can lead the business in developing a targeted growth strategy, drive operational efficiency and execution excellence, and build innovative and high performing teams who are focused on Client success. This position will have full P&L responsibility for a $90M business and will report as one of the key operating business units to the Homeland Security Group Executive Vice President.
This position is expected to drive emerging market penetration, forge strategies for sales pipeline growth, and create improved customer satisfaction through implementation of best practices to produce consistency in account management. The Director will shape strategy for account relations throughout product and process life-cycle and should possess a keen understanding of leading portfolios comprised of software development (especially agile), mobile, Nextgen enterprise development and infrastructure teams. The Director should have refined consultative skills and will regularly coordinate with operational support and sales teams to ensure appropriate customer intimacy is fostered and maintained.
Essential Job Functions:
This position will require full P&L responsibilities to deliver projects and win new business in the Presidential Community and Justice Programs market related to CSRA core capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Building and managing an effective and efficient team focused on high quality delivery, financial performance, and client relationship development. * Developing a short/long-term growth strategy with related tactical execution plans that will drive top line and bottom line growth for the team. * Partnering and leveraging the group and company business development assets to build a robust and targeted pipeline of opportunities, and to pursue, propose and win new business as well as re-competes of existing business. * Engage the leveraged services arm of the company to bring our capabilities in cloud, infrastructure, agile applications development, mobile, Nextgen enterprise development and related services to existing and potential new clients. * Build a culture throughout the team consistent with CSRA values around commitment, impact, integrity, imagination and agility. * Will be measured against specific revenue, operating income, direct labor, and contracts award (TCV) metrics consistent with a growing enterprise, as well as business relationships internally and externally, and leadership impact with our teams and our clients.
* Experience managing a diverse portfolio of IT and mission focused business operations - Experience running a $90M+ P&L account * Proficiency in building a business strategy that drives strategic and tactical growth and execution - Leadership qualities that translate into business outcomes specifically around team building and cohesion, client relationship development, and strategic thinking around enterprise business matters * Demonstrated experience and success mounting new business capture campaigns, and hands-on engagement in developing capture strategy and proposal development. * Experience in developing pricing strategies and working with financial experts to build compelling and competitive pricing required * Established hands-on experience managing programs of significance - both execution and financial focus required * Solid communication capabilities, both verbal and written are required * Ability and flexibility for travel within the US required - primarily local travel at present * This role requires a focused and experienced general manager who understands and can grasp and operate all aspects of the business to include innovation and impact in growing the business * Ability to pass customer-specific position of trust background investigation; Existing DoD Secret or higher clearance is preferred.
* Education; Bachelors' degree required. Master's degree preferred. * Minimum of 15+ years progressive experience in managing\leading IT services programs, with at least 5 years leading a portfolio of programs of similar size and complexity.
* Prior successful leadership in directing and overseeing strategic pursuits in collaboration with BD and Capture Executives, Business Unit Delivery Leads and Proposal Development leads in the professional and technical services arenas. * Needs to possess a keen understanding of leading portfolios comprised of software development (especially agile), mobile, Nextgen enterprise development and infrastructure teams. * The candidate should have refined consultative skills and will regularly coordinate with operational support and sales teams to ensure appropriate customer intimacy is fostered and maintained.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
* The successful candidate will possess and be capable of demonstrating proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse, dispersed, and growing business. * The candidate will possess an established track record of creating, developing and maintaining customer relationships. * A critical success factor will be to embrace the opportunity to motivate and energize the team, while keeping pace in a dynamic environment, thriving under pressure, while seamlessly keeping the team inspired and fostering a healthy career development atmosphere.
* Strong analytical skills for problem solving and quantitative analysis * Strong consultative interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations and build partnerships with existing and future customers * Strong communication skills to interface with senior level customer representatives * Strong strategic management, planning and analytical skills for defining and framing initiatives for current and potential clients * Strong implementation skills to ensure programs and policies support business objectives and initiatives - Strong human relation skills to select develop, coach, mentor, discipline and reward employees * Ability to use insight of the organization's internal and external business environment to improve outcomes that positively affect the business/account * Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients in sensitive and highly visible circumstances
Willingness to travel Work Environment: Falls Church, Virginia corporate location, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both CONUS and OCONUS locations as the portfolio grows.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Falls Church - 3170 Fairview Park Dr, VTCB (VAS040)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.