Currently, we are seeking a Data Management Sr Scientist to support the JRDC program at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The selected candidate must have a government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
So what is required of a Data Management Sr Scientist on a day to day basis?
- The Data Scientist will be focused on the modeling of complex enterprise research, algorithmic mining, data analytics research, collection and analysis of data, data triage, statistical and qualitative analysis of enterprise data in support of the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center (MDIOC) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Enterprise and its facilities, and IT Services.
- The Data Scientist will review enterprise data models, ETL processes, Perform analysis on data gathered within the Hadoop and traditional data warehouse technologies, conduct timeline analysis, assess data mining techniques, review requirements development, and provide guidance for data visualization efforts.
- The Data Scientist will also coordinate with data stewards, data analysts, and data architects in the development of transitional data models, cubes, and DataMart's.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent + 28 yrs related experience, or MS + 26 yrs related experience, or Doctorate + 20 yrs related.
- The ideal candidate will have a Masters/Doctorate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT (STEM degree) or related discipline and 26/20 years of experience.
- Must have a CompTIA Security + certification or equivalent, or the ability to obtain one
- Experience with large complex dynamic environments, with requirements volatility and customer re-prioritization.
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with data research and mining efforts, system design and development (i.e., Hadoop, Java, C#, Python, Scala).
- Working knowledge of of Bill Inmon or Ralph Kimball, data warehousing concepts, data mining.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in systems-of-systems definitions and integration.
#cjobs #gdjobs #dicepost
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA AL Huntsville - Bldg 5220, Martin Rd (ALC022)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.