Senior Systems Engineer II (JBOSS)
*Must have Active TS Clearance
If interested please contact Taani Fisilau at 801-523-2948 or via e-mail email@example.com
This position is a permanent, direct hire position with benefits offer by the employer.
Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base JBOSS components but also all features, components and application dependencies.
Position requirements and duties of the Senior Systems Engineer II (JBOSS)
• The Contractor shall design, implementation and ongoing support of the JBOSS Infrastructure.
• The Contractor shall serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for all JBOSS environments.
• The Contractor shall create and maintain JBOSS infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines.
• The Contractor shall provision/configure required JBOSS servers.
• The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the JBOSS infrastructure.
• The Contractor shall continually monitor and correct critical JBOSS issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
• The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
• The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• The Contractor shall deploy web applications, libraries and drives
• The Contractor shall configure data sources
• The Contractor shall configure and support SSL encrypted connections
• The Contractor shall provide 4th level support
• The Contractor shall migrate JBOSS from one OS or platform to another platform (i.e. migrate from SuSE or z/OS to Linux or Windows.
• The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
• The Contractor shall provide real time alerts and dashboard information on network performance and availability.
• The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
• The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
• The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
Experience/Education requirements for the Senior Systems Engineer II (JBOSS)
JBOSS Certified Application Administrator (RHCJA) desired, a bachelor’s degree preferred, and five of years of relevant experience required.