Time Solutions is seeking a Senior Network Support Technician-TS to provide desktop and network infrastructure services to include the installation of new offices, disconnection and re-installation of IT equipment for office relocations, as well as in support of technology refreshment of the network infrastructure; both hardware and software. Up to 70% travel to domestic and foreign offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Maintains current knowledge of government’s security policies, equipment, and packages.
· Responsible for replacing and setting up workstations at various government sites, both foreign and domestic.
· Creates new, or modifies existing, workstations and other IT devices in Active Directory and DHCP.
· Installs applications, software, and updates. Provides installation and user support with automated booking system (UABS) and Windows 7. Troubleshoots user account issues, to include network troubleshooting, printer troubleshooting, and applications in various foreign and domestic government offices
· Coordinates pre-travel task plans and stages equipment to be deployed to customer sites.
· Modifies site floor plans, manuals, and procedures as necessary for each customer site.
· Travel to designated locations as requested to swap workstations in accordance with the deployment schedule.
· Follow refresh instructions provided by the government to ensure the processes are consistent.
· Provide feedback and recommend process improvements for all deployments and refresh activities.
· Restage workstations as necessary with the latest workstation image.
· Ensure the workstations and associated peripherals are functioning after each workstation is refreshed or installed.
· As required, reinstall government specific applications on the refreshed workstations.
· Provide a Daily Status Reports on field site(s) progress.
· Provide a Site Sign-off Package for each site identifying at a minimum the configuration and quantity of workstations installed and refreshed, as well as identifying workstations on the network that were not swapped and workstations to be returned to the Depot.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical discipline, and a minimum of 4 years’ experience. Additional years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to obtain a DEA Secret clearance
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment :
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.