Be a part of the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. If you take pride in your work, want a challenge that inspires your best ideas, and enjoy being part of a winning team, this is the place for you.
We are currently searching for the right talent to fill this opportunity:
Facilities Plant Engineer
(U.S. Citizenship Required*)
• Leads project teams to develop complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the architectural, civil/structural, electrical, and mechanical phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
• Reviews designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials and takes appropriate corrective action.
• Leads teams to develop complex conceptual analysis to determine the cause of asset failures and reduction in asset capacity by using reliability tools and methods (e.g., life cycle analysis, condition based maintenance, root cause failure methodology, mean time between failures, fault tree analysis, etc.).
• Leads others in engineering and facilitating the implementation of complex improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability; to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs.
• Participates on or leads cross-functional teams to integrate the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, technicians, outside consultants and government agencies.
• Leads team to ensure accuracy of drawing archives/libraries.
• Oversees review of contractor redlines.
• Provides oversight to identify errors and documents construction changes to comply with regulatory requirements, facility standards, and record retention requirements.
• Leads teams that manage and support complex construction projects by providing input on vendor selection; reviews contractor proposals; interfaces with government/regulatory agencies; monitors project progress and vendor/consultant performance.
• Oversees preparation and presentation of project information to ensure compliance with applicable construction documents and jurisdictional requirements and to meet project objectives.
• Leads in the production or procurement of detailed design documents.
• Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters.
• Coordinates designs.
• Reviews and approves documents.
• Leads translating customer requirements to design options with documents and estimates.
• Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology.
• Develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices.
• Participates in technical committees.
• Leads the business decision making process by providing input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
• Leads translating customer requirements into conceptual design by analyzing intended use/occupancy and desired aesthetics, conducting code research, developing preliminary design elements, determining interdisciplinary engineering support requirements, estimating resource costs/requirements, identifying materials, equipment, and services, and developing initial project schedule in order to establish project scope in response to customer requirements.
• Plans, manages, and executes large or complex projects.
• Leads a team of stakeholders in the acquisition and modification of assets to enable the customer to achieve the defined business objectives in accordance with company and accounting policies. Manages project expenditures within authorized budgets.
• Creates, maintains, and communicates project management information.
• Manages the creation of contract scope.
• Ensures suppliers comply with all contract obligations.
• Leads in the interpretation and analysis of applicable regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances with respect to project requirements.
• Offers project alternatives in order to assure compliance.
• Provides support, as required, to secure permits.
• Top Secret clearance required. Due to the length of time it takes to obtain a clearance, only applicants with active clearance will be considered.
• Able to work onsite at customer location of Springfield, VA.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience,
• Master's with 7 or more years' experience
• PhD with 4 or more years' experience
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job, but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.