Responsible for supporting the Purchase Requisition (PR) Branch in preparing purchase requisitions in accordance with guidance and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the management of PP&E/AM. Interface between the Technical Departments and the Comptroller’s Office to ensure that all PP&E assets and equipment are acquired in accordance with NSWC Philadelphia, Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), NAVY, and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Create ZLCL MILSTRIP/purchase card PRs.
• Validate coding of PRs, such as: Account Assignment Category, material numbers, PSCs, pricing and minimum order quantity.
• Complete and request the creation of unique material numbers.
• Check stock availability of MILSTRIP items.
• Track the status of PRs.
• Attend status meetings.
• Assist with development of standard operating procedures.
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field.
• Possess one (1) year experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Logistics.
• In lieu of the education requirement, individuals shall have two years of prior military, Department of Defense or related business experience in MILSTRIP, supply chain management, or procurement.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel
• Possess analytical, business writing, and communication skills
• Experience with responsibilities for procurement, customer service, is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (Navy ERP) is preferred.
• A current SECRET Clearance is required.
Herdt Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In all business activities; HERDT uncompromisingly adheres to a policy prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.
Visit http://herdtconsulting.com/content/careers to view:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Employment Opportunity – Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Employee Rights on Government Contracts
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Federal Minimum Wage
OSHA – Job Safety and Health