• B.S. in Computer or Electrical Engineering desired; other technical degree or applicable years of experience will be considered
• Experience with systems requirements gathering, definition, and documentation capture for physical hardware and for customer provided software
• Ability to interpret customer intent and translate into written physical hardware requirements
• Ability to apply knowledge of system lifecycle (i.e., physical hardware, network growth, hardware reusability, and ease of deployment) to system designs
• Ability to interpret and create logic diagrams and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
• Ability to perform power analysis, optical power budget analysis, hardware interface compatibility analysis
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to working with OEM vendors to define hardware configurations and review/evaluate quotes
• Understanding of computing architecture concepts to include but not limited to the following:
o Intel x86 Processor’s
o Intel x86 Memory Architecture
o NUMA memory architecture
o RAM memory types (DDR3, DDR4, R-DIMMs, LR-DIMMS)
o Storage (HDD, SSD, NVMe)
o Networking (1GE, 10GE, 40GE, 25GE, 100GE)
o Hardware Interface Protocols (e.g., RS232, Ethernet)
• Ability to troubleshoot issues ranging from usage of design capture tools to customer hardware not performing as expected
• Ability to perform trade analysis to minimize recommendations and present this information to peers and customers as-needed
• Understanding of electrical concepts, electrical interfaces, and signal communications
• Utilize knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and design efficient and cost effective commodity hardware computing system solutions based on customer requirements.
• Day-to-day tasks include: reviewing customer requirements, performing equipment analysis, generating equipment architecture recommendations, creating logic diagrams and BOMs, and peer reviewing system designs.
• Individuals should be able to adapt to changing customer requirements and abide by customer guidelines.
• Candidates should have good communication skills and be comfortable meeting with the customer, and working in a team environment.
• All candidates should have great attention to detail, work within established processes, meet scheduled deadlines, and communicate in a timely manner when a schedule is at risk.
LORO is a Woman-owned, Veteran-owned small business supporting initiatives for the DoD, IC, and State of Maryland. LORO offers a robust employer-funded benefits package and various employment options including full-time, part-time, and consulting. To learn more, visit our website at www.loroholdings.com.