Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
In this position you will work on complex technical problems and provide solutions. The application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts will be necessary while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts and ensuring proper setup, configuration, and functionality of systems being deployed.
You will examine Customer data and analyze to determine the presence or absence of high rate signals, characterize any signals that are present, examine GFI data and analyze to determine the presence or absence of any new signals in the System environments. You will perform testing and verification of circuit and packet processing algorithms against known test data on various Sponsor platforms and will work with other RAST engineering teams to resolve issues identified during testing. Based on Customer data, you will analyze new and variant signals to determine techniques to extract underlying information of interest. This work may include developing software and/or scripts to support this analytic work. This work will also include working with development teams to understand the nuances of these signals to support their development work.
Work can be performed in Sunnyvale, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, or McLean, VA
• Minimum of 10 years engineering related work experience in Operations Planning, Execution, and Support
• Experience working in the defense industry, the intelligence community, or other government agencies
• Ability to translate mission risks to and from engineering development activities
• Demonstrated communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work within and across multi-functional groups, organizational boundaries and geographic locations
• Experience managing and leading teams across multiple geographic locations
• Ability to manage across multiple disciplines in a development and mission environment
• Ability to form teams and build bridges across diversely focused groups
• Experience in handling operational security issues
• Existing Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Experience evaluating Operations Readiness Exercises
• Experience in cost estimation, and risk management
• Experience working with Customer to derive requirements
• Understanding of telecommunication systems concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals.
• Strong understanding of broadband communications including network operations, transport structures and switching equipment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
•Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
•Where talented people can make an impact.
•Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.