Manages the daily operations of the payroll department. Manage accurate and timely timesheet submission, payroll issuance, payroll withholding and corporate payroll tax reconciliation. Compliance with all federal and state regulations to include FAR/CAS/DCAA/GAAP compliance requirements
* Manage, maintain and operate daily activities of the payroll function, including the timely and accurate issuance of payroll, maintenance of employee leave balances and GL support to the month end close process. * Upload leave accruals and monitor employee usage for compliance to policy * Review submitted timesheets to ensure that timesheets are submitted accurately and are in compliance with company policies. * Work closely with HR to process and manage all new hires, payroll changes, terminations, corrections and benefit deductions. * Work closely with ADP on payroll submission, the annual preparation, review and issuance of W2's. * Coordinate and support any payroll audits and provides recommendations for procedural improvements and improvements in internal controls * Ensures company compliance with local, state, and federal financial reporting requirements for payroll activities * Acts as primary interface with employees & ADP on payroll and leave balance questions or concerns
* Assists Senior Controller & CEO with various ad-hoc activities and reporting, as required
* A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business mgmt. a plus, additional experience can be substituted for a degree. * 1-3 years of Corporate Payroll experience with an emphasis in handling service based businesses, particularly government contracting and payroll with multiple states. * Experience with supporting worker's compensation audits and the issuance of year-end W2's. * Advanced knowledge and experience with the administration of payroll through Deltek's GCS & T&E system, ADP software, Impromptu, a major plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication * Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks - proactive approach to problem identification/resolution * Demonstrate a professional demeanor and good judgment in handling confidential matters
* Workforce updates * Cash Receipts * Expense Reports Administration- setup & train new employees, process & post expense reports, & trouble shot employee issues. * Assist with non-payroll General Ledger Reconciliations