JOB DESCRIPTION: Leidos, Inc. is currently looking for Senior and Expert, and Subject Matter Expert level Technical Operations Engineers on a 135+ FTE program as a part of a dynamic team conducting technical operations in a fast paced environment. Technical Operations Engineers will support the customer with technical analysis relating to computer systems, networking and non-standard technical solutions providing all manners of design and construction of tailor-made networks, tradecraft solutions, the support and maintenance of those products, as well as the support and maintenance of operational networks and systems. Daily activities include Creating and maintaining VM across multiple Servers, building and systems consistent with both Windows and Linux. The Technical Operations Engineer will also support in acquiring and using COTS to move the customer to future architectures that will increase productivity of the systems users.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree. M.A, or M.S. preferred in relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience with an IC organization in technical operations, installation of both Windows and Linux, Creating and maintaining VMs, Installing and integrating COTS that further the customer’s Architecture.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts.
• Maintains system documentation
• Demonstrated experience applying critical thinking skills to solve complex IT issues.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency, including operate a wide variety of software, including the analysis of website functionality.
• Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Experience communicating technical best practices/recommendations and educating colleagues on the same required.
• Successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels of government, commercial and other industry.
• Must possess excellent writing, communication, administrative and organizational skills.
• Prior experience in migrating systems from legacy to new advanced architecture
• Demonstrated experience in transitioning Legacy systems to the AWS cloud technology
• Experience with implementing Data quality using state of the art ETL tools
• Experience with structured, unstructured and Geospatial data types
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.