Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks a systems engineer who will be responsible for development, integration, test and deployment of SIGINT systems on government airborne platforms. This systems engineer will collaborate with customers, RAST senior leadership, and other systems engineers to develop new systems and Concepts of Operations as well as troubleshoot, enhance and maintain existing systems. In addition, this engineer will lead and perform the installation and field test of new technology systems while deployed CONUS or OCONUS to ensure customer mission success.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Understand customer objectives and requirements, and concepts and systems developed to date
• Lead, plan and execute system integration and test, calibration and flight test, and system deployment efforts
• Install and operate payload and test equipment
• Provide RF engineering expertise and support
• Provide technical, system operation and training support
• Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development life cycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
• Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
• Travel 50% time, CONUS and/or OCONUS.
• 8+ years of experience in systems engineering and product development in the area of wireless communications intelligence or a closely related field
• 5+ years of experience in systems development, integration, test, deployment, and support of SIGINT systems on manned and/or unmanned airborne platforms
• Proven ability to lead cross-discipline teams in successful delivery and deployment of wireless communications systems/products
• Practical experience and knowledge in RF engineering and antennas for airborne communications and signal processing systems
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, especially working with senior level leaders and external customers
• Experience in developing and maintaining customer relationships
• Willing and able to travel 50% time, CONUS and OCONUS
• Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• Extensive experience working with the intelligence community
• Strong understanding of wireless communications signal processing including the following areas: antennas, propagation, receivers, modulation and demodulation, direction finding and 2G, 3G and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g. GSM, GPRS, CDMA, EVDO, WCDMA, LTE)
• Experience and knowledge of DF and geolocation techniques
• Experience as an individual contributor and technical lead in all phases of systems/product development life cycle
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Active TS clearance within the last 2 years
• BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Direct work experience in lieu of a 4 year degree will be considered
• MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
•Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
•Where talented people can make an impact.
•Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.