Benefits: PTO and Paid Holidays, 401k plan, Health/Dental/Vision, ESPP
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain at minimum an interim secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Experience: A total of at least five (5) years of experience in application server management using Weblogic, JBOSS or similar enterprise mid-tier management too.
1. CompTIA Security+ (can be obtained after offer - Apex provides training and cert costs)
2. Computing Environment Certification (Solaris, Linux+, or RedHat)
This position is for a full-time mid-tier engineer who will be Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier at PL ALTESS. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Assists in the scheduling of deployment activity as well as new installations of mid-tier infrastructure. Responsible for developing security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet ALTESS and ARMY security requirements. Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management. Thorough knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures. Know how to perform a Security Readiness Review (SRR) and document the SRR findings in a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) document.
• Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
• Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
• Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
• Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
• Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
• Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
• Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Five years of experience in application server management using Weblogic, JBOSS or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
• Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, or similar class server systems.
• Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST.
• Knowledge of XML is required.
• Must possess a familiarity of the Java or C# programming languages to assist developers in debugging applications.
• Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills.
• All positions require the ability to relate to customers in a professional manner.
• Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise.
• Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
• Knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS and the SQL Server RDBMS is a plus
• Knowledge of Python and PowerShell is a plus.
• Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.