* Education/Training (both required and desired): + Bachelors Degree in relevant computer science, engineering or science discipline required
* Experience: + 2+ years of professional experience in the required task area
* Security: + Must be a US citizen + Security clearance required
Expertise and Functions
* Languages and technologies: (required and/or desired) + UNIX/LINUX + Windows + C++ + C# + .COM + .NET + ADA Basic
* Experience in working with Visual Studio 2010+ or similar IDE
* Experience and/or knowledge of software engineering concepts
* Experience and/or knowledge of the software development life cycle
* Web applications development and/or sustainment
* Knowledge of database concepts, code performance analysis
* Relevant experience with aircraft mission planning systems (MPS)
* This Software Engineering Position is embedded within the Ogden Air Logistic Complex's (OO-ALC) 309th Software Maintenance Group (SMXG) that develops specific software components of the Air Force Mission Planning Systems (MPS) including related Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) components.
* Serve in a group of approximately 35 developers building mission planning applications for DoD clients.
* Member of a flight performance model effort supported by multiple team members over the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the aircraft platform update effort.
* Participate in data capture and analysis, requirements definition, contribute to system design plans, investigate and identify new technologies to incorporate within the architecture, construct clean and efficient code to meet client requirements, adhere to team standards, and monitor code execution to ensure performance thresholds are met.
* Duties May Include:
* Accomplish flight performance data capture, analysis, updating and flight performance modeling based on Flight Manuals/Technical Orders (T.O.s) updates.
* Modify Flight Performance Models utilizing languages such as C, C++, C#, Ada etc.
* Develop and/or maintain Take Off and Landing Data (TOLD) scripts/data file.
* On-site technical/testing support is required to test the MPS subsystem and system level requirements, monitor the software's implementation, and coordinate these processes with testing/field units, as well as provide software/testing functionality orientation and familiarity briefings and project kick-off meetings as needed. Interpret/ decompose requirements to develop testing cases for manual and automated tests
* Conduct unit and system level tests at each phase of software's development process.
* Coordinate/communicate with the testing team members to plan and execute tests across the spectrum of the development processes.
* Document findings and results in accordance with established development and configuration management processes.
* Provide support to Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) units, Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) units, and the operational flying units during each phase of the software's life cycle.
* Analyze, design, support, maintain and develop software solutions
KIHOMAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.