Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make design decisions, and generate new ideas that will push products above and beyond?
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) has a need for a Senior Software Data Analysis Engineer with a strong background in mathematics, algorithm development, and/or signal processing to design, build, and maintain software products and applications. These products/applications are part of advanced high capacity systems that process modern communications signals for the US intelligence community.
The successful candidate will work with other experienced engineering staff to develop and deliver cutting-edge engineering solutions. He/she will have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment, and a strong work ethic in responding to mission-critical needs as they arise.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience with the full software development life cycle on Unix/Linux platforms
• Strong education and background in applied mathematics and statistics
• Demonstrated ability to model complex systems and develop efficient algorithms
• Experience using neural networks, support vector machines, or other machine learning techniques to solve large complex problems
• Extensive experience in numerical programming with Python and/or MATLAB
• Experience with software application development using C, C++ and/or Java
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• MS degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
• Experience in numerical optimization methods such as linear/non-linear programming, convex optimization, particle filtering, and/or genetic algorithms
• Experience with advanced signal processing techniques such as adaptive filtering, beamforming, and higher order statistics
• Understanding of wireless communications standards such as GSM, CDMA2000, EVDO, UMTS/WCDMA, and LTE
• Experience using software configuration management tools
• Experience working with databases, big data analytics, and distributed processing
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.