Raytheon Applied Signal Technologies (RAST) has a need for a Software System Integration Engineer to support the design, testing, integration, deployment, and maintenance of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern wireless high-speed communications for the US intelligence community.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter that is able to work in high pressure environments with minimal oversight. The Software System Integration Engineer coordinates between the product development team and end users to maintain and improve the performance of a family of complex software defined radio products. The successful candidate will support and advise on long term strategies for ensuring the continued success of a critical product line.
Typical job duties include:
- Participate in system testing and sell-off
- Participate in regular meetings with the customer to document and diagnose high-priority system malfunctions and failures
- Perform routine on-site support visits to monitor system performance
- Advise leadership on proposals for future enhancements of the systems
- BS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in integration, test and/or development of complex software products
- Experience with data analysis using S/W tools such as MATLAB, Python, R, etc.
- Ability to develop, document, and maintain processes, methods, and tools
- Ability to identify, analyze, and troubleshoot issues within complex systems and communicate those issues to software and system engineers
- Experience interfacing with customers and/or project leadership
- Experience working in a diverse multi-functional team
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance within the last 2 years
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Desired Skills / Experience:
- MS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Hands-on experience in execution of design, development, and analysis of communication system architectures
- Experience with direction finding and geolocation technologies
- Understanding of wireless communication standards such as GSM, CDMA2000, UMTS/WCDA, and LTE
- Experience with software application development using C, C++, and/or Java
- Experience with a modern scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Familiarity with Linux command line and LANs
- Experience designing, using, and maintaining object relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience using software configuration management tools
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
•Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
•Where talented people can make an impact.
•Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!