Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking multiple Windows Systems Admin/Engineers who are self-starters, highly organized, have a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. These positions will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization.
Openings: Mid and Sr. Level Windows Systems Administrator
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Linthicum, MD OR Annapolis, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Description of Work:
• Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
• Manage and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
• Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers; light on virtual.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
• Reviewing system and directory services logs.
• Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated software (ie. Windows 2003 to 2012)
• Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
• Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
• Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
• Troubleshoots network hardware and software failures and identifies root cause analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree with 6-8 years of experience or 12+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum of 6+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, etc…
• Strong experience with legacy Windows/UNIX OS such as 2003, Win 7/8 as well as strong experience with 2008, 2010, & 2012 (server & desktop side)
• Experience being part of and/or helping lead large system upgrades/migrations.
• Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues (Vlan, Port Security, VPN, etc…)
o Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, Retina, ACAS.
• Experience with virtualized environments utilizing VMware
• Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503/ FISMA information system requirements.
• Excellent communication & team player mentality, while also being able to be self sufficient
• Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
• Experience with large systems migrations
• Experience training junior team members
• Any past Network Admin experience
• Experience with RHEL 7 or 8