As a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt Falcon is a an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of PMEL Technician II, located in Scott AFB, IL.
Position requires experience in metrology principles as applied to all measurement disciplines. Position requires extensive knowledge in the K3/K4 section of the Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) and basic knowledge in the K1/K8 section. This position will calibration/repair of the K3/K4 Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) to include electronic, electro-mechanical, frequency, time-domain, microwave, and voltage, current and resistance equipment. Will assist other calibration sections as K3/K4 workload permits.
• Familiarity with metrology techniques, laboratory practices and compliance with all applicable directives.
• Inspecting, troubleshooting to component level, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE and metrology laboratory working standards using safe work
• Interpreting test readings using common instruments such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, pulse generators, power meters, torque calibrator, temperature, and pressure measurement devices.
• Exercising independent judgment in tasks such as making circuit analysis, calculating waveforms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze block, schematic, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and technical publications.
• Utilizing TMDE to troubleshoot and repair systems and circuit boards to component level, to include surface-mount technology.
• Operating under immediate supervision and achieving technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
• Providing technical guidance, if required, to lower level technicians.
• Performing additional duties as directed by supervisor.
• Minimum of four (4) years of verifiable recent experience in metrology laboratory performing, calibrating, and repair of TMDE.
• Experience in a USAF PMEL is preferred.
• Applications must have normal color vision, pass drug screenings, and be U.S citizen able to acquire and retain a security clearance.
• Must have a valid and current driver’s license.
Other desirable qualifications: Knowledgeable of the USAF PMEL Automated Management System, the USAF Metrology and Calibration Program, and the USAF Quality System and Quality Program requirements, mathematical concepts and skills, and computer skills. Calibration experience and experience to include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE and metrology laboratory working standards
Goldbelt Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Shareholder Hire Preferences: As an Alaskan Native Claims Settlement Act Corporation, Goldbelt, Incorporated, (and its related entities where the corporation maintains 25 percent ownership interest), is allowed, under Federal law, to extend hiring and training preferences to its shareholders, shareholders' descendants and spouses, other ANCSA corporation shareholders, and/or Native Americans. Goldbelt's employment and training preferences are extended based on an individual's status as a shareholder of Goldbelt, Incorporated, enrollment as a tribal member or other evidence of affiliation with a Native community or tribe. These preferences reflect stock ownership or political affiliation with a Native community or tribe and are not a direct benefit of race or ethnicity.