Benefits: PTO and Paid Holidays, 401k plan, Health/Dental/Vision, ESPP
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain at minimum an interim secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Unix Systems Administrator.
1. CompTIA Security+ (Apex will pay for this and provide training if you do not already have it!)
This position is for a Solaris Systems Administrator with 10+ years' experience to build and maintain a growing environment supporting databases and SAP applications. This position will work with the existing UNIX team and the ERP team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment.
This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
• Detailed knowledge and experience with Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 administration, to include shell scripting and networking concepts (VLANs, routing, firewalls, subnetting),
• Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Solaris zones, Solaris Logical Domains)
• Familiarity with SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume management, NFS,
• Working knowledge of OS security best practices and experience with the Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) process
• Experience configuring/managing/updating large groups of servers.
Desired skills: Familiarity with Red Hat, and management of Veritas Cluster Services.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.