ManTech is seeking a talented Structures Manufacturing Engineer in Structures, Composites and Metallic to support and perform Manufacturing Engineering/Producibility roles in evaluating critical rocket launch systems manufacturing processes for qualification and variation that may impact design, producability and manufacturability of Flight Critical items and processes.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
• Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
• Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
• Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
• Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
• Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
• Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
• Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
• Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
• Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
• Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
• Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering & 10-15 years of experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and attention to detail
• Detailed knowledge and use of Microsoft office products, including word and PowerPoint and PC usage.
• Strong communication and auditing skills, team participator, including resolving conflict
• Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Experience with friction stir, EB, TIG, MIG, and braze welding; metal roll-forming and spin-forming; heat treating; machining; fastener installation; composite lay-up, cure, bonding, and structural testing; NDT testing; dye penetrant, x-ray, ultrasonic, and shearography.
Other Skills Preferred:
• A strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired.
• Master's Degree desirable
• Analytical and Critical thinking skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Multi-tasking ability
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.