The Executive Secretary (ES) labor category is anticipated to support those NGA offices at the Directorate, Group or Office organizational level having Senior Executive Service (SES), Defense Intelligence Senior Leaders (DISL) leadership, and/or Flag Officer. This is the highest labor category and requires a high level of professionalism, performance, and accountability. Administrative support at this labor category is expected to occur in a fluid and autonomous manner.
The following administrative tasks will be performed by all labor categories as defined in this SOW.
a. Maintain a working level understanding of the NGA organization and its corporate business rhythms in order to effectively execute administrative requirements for the office. This includes reading, understanding and applying applicable IC, DoD and NGA policies, instructions, regulations, and guidance.
b. Receptionist duties such as: greeting, receiving, and assisting office visitors, to include escorting to meeting place, upon entrance/exit of the facility, or as required; answering phone calls for the purpose of recording messages, transferring calls, assisting with caller inquiries, coordinating office agendas and activities; etc.
c. Operate a computer, calculator, copier/scanner, and other common office equipment. This includes the ability to use standard office equipment and Microsoft Office software applications to the degree expected at each labor category.
d. Process mail to include retrieval, opening (as required), inspecting, distributing, and picking up for mailroom delivery.
e. Read publications, regulations, directive, instructions and guidance and take action or refer those that are important to office leadership, management and/or staff.
f. Establish and maintain both hardcopy and computer based filing systems, to include performing routine filing of various office data/record files.
g. Prepare, review and/or edit correspondences such as form letters, reports, tables, spreadsheets, and other printed material.
h. Copy and scan office documents, files, records, etc. Some tasks may include either actually performing the copy/scanning operation or assisting with the processing through NGA rapid reproduction.
i. Assist with the preparation of materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, travel, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
j. Administratively support the designated Government Hand Receipt Holder (HRH). This does not mean becoming the HRH because this is considered an inherent Government function.
1. Strong foundational knowledge and understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
2. Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:
(1) Articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms; and
(2) Produce professionally written emails, letters, documents, and other material that is succinct coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
3. Independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment having competing priorities.
4. Strong working knowledge of MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) and Defense Travel System (DTS) with the ability to independently use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks. 5. Proactively anticipate and keep leadership and staff apprised of high priority issues related to office and administrative activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in General Business Administration or a related degree from an accredited University/College with minimum 8 years of secretary experience with a minimum 2 years experience working in a senior level office
Associate’s Degree in General Business Administration or a related degree work from an accredited College with minimum 10 years of secretary experience with minimum 4 years experience working in a senior level office
High School Diploma with minimum 14 years of secretary experience with minimum 6 years experience working in a senior level office