Location: Buckley AFB, CO (Aurora, CO)
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Minimum 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Active Directory Account Management
Windows Server 2008/2012
Windows 7 troubleshooting and OS deployment
Application troubleshooting - Outlook; Excel; Word; JAVA; Internet Explorer;
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience is a plus
Microsoft Exchange experience is a plus
Due to the sensitive nature of the work for the customer; candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph examination.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification.
In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access.
Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them.
Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures.Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.