SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
****MINIMUM OF ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE ALL OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY****
Location: Fort Belvoir
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 03/27/2017
The CE improves the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure, building the next generation of web applications and systems infrastructure, focusing on automation, availability and performance. The CE is the internal "cloud expert" and specialist within the multi-disciplinary agile development team. The CE will manage both strategic cloud initiatives as well as immediate operational activities. The designing, building, implementing, and managing the in-house commodity based cloud/distributive computing infrastructure is the chief responsibility of the CE. The CE is the chief architect and administrator for the cloud software stack to include frequent reconfiguration as new or more optimal configurations are identified.
The CE directs the effective ETL processes associated with the architecture. The CE collaborates closely with the ASDs, TTDs, and the end user analysts to write and implement cutting edge big data algorithms and analytics. The CE engages in software solution planning and creation to ensure applicable cloud resources are most effectively applied. The CE identifies where processes can be optimized through automation. The CE ensures that the cloud capability is leveraged to its fullest extent and available to the maximum user base.
In conjunction with the DBE and other ADT members, the CE insures that the cloud data stores and processes are replicated based on industry best practices. The CE rapidly executes tasks and frequently iterates to insure maximum user input and feedback. The CE ensures the interoperability of the in-house capability with remote instances and outside partners. The CE plans and implements big data transfer protocols, utilities, and infrastructure pipes.
Bachelors of Arts/Science in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering).
Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering).
COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP certification
Required Years of Experience
Desired Years of Experience
• Experience utilizing Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment.
• Proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages: C Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
• Experience with multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, and Windows
• Experience with advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
• Working knowledge of machine learning, data mining, or knowledge discovery
• Broad experience with analytic algorithm design and implementation
• Demonstrated expertise in Extract, transform, load (ETL) processes; including document parsing techniques
• Robust working knowledge of networking, compute and storage technologies
• Experience with multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive,, Spark, Elastic Search, etc for the purposes of conducting big data analytics.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and hBase
• Familiarity of AWS Services (i.e., EC2, Network, ELB, S31EBS, etc.)
• Demonstrated expertise in processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale).
• Experience in trouble-shooting in very complex distributed environments including following stack traces back to code and come up with a root cause
• Experience providing direct support within Intelligence Communities
• Well established experience providing direct support to the F3EA targeting efforts or Special Operations elements
• Familiarity with mobile OS & app languages such as HTML5, Android, JOS/Swift/C Object/C, etc.
• Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar
• Experience running Internet facing or SLA' d auto-deployed environments
• Familiarity with real-time media protocols (i.e. RTP, SRTP)
• Knowledge of container solutions such as Docker and their configuration and implementation best practices
• Experiencing utilizing data transfer and cross domain systems such as NIFI
• Knowledge of text processing: natural language processing (NLP), named entity recognition (NER), entity retrieval (e.g. SOLR/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
• Achieved applicable certifications such as those associated with Agile Development, Cloud systems, or ITIL18