Insight Technology Solutions, Inc., is currently seeking technical professionals for a program in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Herndon, VA area. We are in need of technical candidates to support and assist all Tier 2 Deskside and Hardware Support functions. Below is a brief description of the daily responsibilities, as well as the qualifications for desired candidates.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support for hardware (desktop, laptop, etc.) and peripherals, software (COTS, GOTS, Web, Antivirus, etc.), network (hardware, software, etc.), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), audiovisual display systems, analog and wireless technologies in a multi-tenant, mission critical government facility with unclassified and classified environments.
• Installs, configures and troubleshoots complex system(s), server(s) and network issues. Installs software, provides appropriate training on network/software and resolves complex performance issues.
• Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for assigned environments. Responds to systems and/or software concerns and issues. Interacts with security personnel as appropriate.
• Provides high level technical problem-solving support to internal/external client employee(s) and less experienced personnel. Document problems, analyze and resolve issues. Research and recommends new technology/updates to management.
• Documents and submits approved documentation for all Installs, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMACs) to ensure maintenance of an up-to-date Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Schedules and coordinates customer desk side support and installs upgrades with designated representative(s).
• Sets up, configure, test and maintains Cisco Call Manager.
• Writes and edits detailed technical documentation for technical continuity. Develops and conducts training programs to educate client users regarding specialized and complex applications.
• Participates in client/project meeting(s) as technical expert for the assessment, determination and recommendation of client's hardware and software solutions. Oversees implementation of system with appropriate support personnel.
• Writes technical documentation and creates infrastructure diagrams in compliance with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements to ensure accurate up-to-date SDLC and C&A artifacts.
• Provides quality improvements and root-cause analyses. Analyzes existing network and recommends solutions that increase efficiency or reduces operational costs. Analyzes requirements, develops test data, scripts and test cases. Performs testing, analysis and documents test results.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with five years of related experience. Equivalents: High School diploma with nine years of specialized experience in related field, or Associates Degree with seven years of experience.
• Must have an Active DoD Secret clearance and pass a government issued suitability background check.
• Experience performing remote installation of software applications (including COTS and GOTS applications) and an understanding of the configuration changes required to allow each application to function properly within the network environment required.
• Experience in Help Desk, help desk process and procedures, at Level 1 and Level 2 is preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Server (2008 preferred) and ability to operate and access servers to include remote access
• Knowledge and experience with support application (i.e. Remedy) and tracking customer issues.
• Willingness to work on-call and shift work to support a 24x7x365 mission critical command center.
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients from a business development and technical expert perspective.
• Strong human relations skills to provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Insight Technology Solutions (Insight) is a premier Business Solutions and Integration Services company, providing a broad spectrum of capabilities to Federal and state agencies. Celebrating more than 15 years in the Federal sector, Insight has a longstanding reputation of providing outstanding Program Management, Engineering Services, Business Solutions and Technology support to Federal clients including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Within these Departments, Insight has developed strategic relationships with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE), the American Red Cross (ARC) and the National Institute of Health (NIH).
Insight Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.